▪ Associate Professor (2013-present), College of Chemistry, Sichuan University
▪ Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2010-2012), Advisor: Professor Hongyu Chen, Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
▪ Ph. D. in Physical Chemistry (2002-2007), Advisor: Professor Changwei Hu, College of Chemistry, Sichuan University, P. R. China.
▪ B. S. in Environmental Chemistry (1998-2002), Advisor: Professor Changwei Hu, College of Chemistry, Sichuan University, P. R. China.
▪ Catalytic Conversion of Biomass-derived Carbohydrates to Value-added Fine Chemicals and Liquid fuels
▪ Multi-functional Solid Acid/base Catalysts
▪ Process Control
Main Academic Achievements:
Developing methods for selectively converting biomass-derived carbohydrates into value-added fine chemicals and liquid fuels is the key to the effective utilization of biomass resource. In view of the problems of low product selectivity during carbohydrate transformations, Dr. Zhu focuses on developing new catalysts and catalytic processes to inhibit side reactions, as well as giving deeper insights into the mechanisms on carbohydrate transformation and humins formation.
Selected Publications (by December 2017):
1. Jinqiang Tang, Liangfang Zhu*, Xing Fu, Jinhang Dai, Xiawei Guo, Changwei Hu*, Insights into the Kinetics and Reaction Network of Aluminum Chloride-Catalyzed Conversion of Glucose in NaCl-H2O/THF Biphasic System.
ACS Catal. 2017,7, 256-266. (IF=10.614, Highly Cited in Field)
2. Xing Fu, Jinhang Dai, Xiawei Guo, Jinqiang Tang, Liangfang Zhu*, Changwei Hu*, Suppression of oligomer formation in glucose dehydration by CO2 and tetrahydrofuran.
Green Chem. 2017, 19, 3334-3343. (IF=9.125)
3. Jinhang Dai, Liangfang Zhu*, Dianyong Tang, Xing Fu, Jinqiang Tang, Xiawei Guo, Changwei Hu*, Sulfonated polyaniline as a solid organocatalyst for dehydration of fructose into 5-hydroxymethylfurfural.
Green Chem. 2017,19, 1932-1939. (IF=9.125) (Highlighted by SYNFACTS 2017, 13(07), 0769)
ChemCatChem 2017, 9, 3218-3225.(IF=4.803)
ACS Catal. 2017,7, 2199-2212.(IF=10.614)
ChemSusChem 2016,9 (16), 2174-2181.(IF=7.226)
ChemCatChem 2016,8 (7), 1379-1385.(IF=4.803)
ACS Catal. 2015,5, 5097-5103.(IF=10.614)
ChemSusChem 2014,7 (12), 3541-3547.(IF=7.226)
10.Liangfang Zhu, Hong Wang, Xiaoshuang Shen, Liyong Chen, Yawen Wang, Hongyu Chen, Developing Mutually Encapsulating Materials for Versatile Syntheses of Multilayer Metal-Silica-Polymer Hybrid Nanostructures.
Small 2012,8 (12), 1857-1862. (IF=8.643)
ACS Nano 2012,6 (7), 6033-6039.(IF=13.942)
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011,133 (30), 11422-11425.(IF=13.858)
Organometallics 2011,30 (21), 5675-5686.(IF=3.862)
14. Xiao Ke Hu, Liang Fang Zhu, Xue Qin Wang, Bin Guo, Jia Quan Xu, Gui Ying Li, Chang Wei Hu*, Active species formed in a Fenton-like system in the medium of triethylammonium acetate ionic liquid for hydroxylation of benzene to phenol.
J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem. 2011,342-43, 41-49.(IF=4.211)
15. Bin Guo, Liangfang Zhu, Xiaoke Hu, Qian Zhang, Dongmei Tong, Guiying Li, Changwei Hu*, Nature of vanadium species on vanadium silicalite-1 zeolite and their stability in hydroxylation reaction of benzene to phenol.
Catal Sci Technol 2011,1 (6), 1060-1067.(IF=5.773)
J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem. 2010,331 (1-2), 71-77.(IF=4.211)
17. Yufen Lue, Liangfang Zhu, Qiuyuan Liu, Bin Guo, Xiaoke Hu, Changwei Hu*, Direct amination of benzene to aniline with several typical vanadium complexes.
Chinese Chem Lett 2009,20 (2), 238-240. (IF=1.932)
J. Catal. 2007,245 (2), 446-455.(IF=6.844)
Ind Eng Chem Res 2007,46 (10), 3443-3445.(IF=2.843)
J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem. 2006,253 (1-2), 1-7.(IF=4.211)
1.LiangfangZhu and Changwei Hu*
Ionic Liquids: “Green” Solvent for Catalytic Oxidations with Hydrogen Peroxide
in Book "Ionic Liquids - New Aspects for the Future" (Eds. Jun-ichi Kadokawa, ISBN 978-953-51-0937-2)
Intech Publisher, Croatia, 2013.1.23, Chapter 14, P349-364.
2.LiangfangZhu and Changwei Hu*
Aniline Production: From Multiple Steps to One Step
in Book “Aniline: Structural/Physical Properties, Reactions and Environmental Effects” (Eds. Kenneth Hernandez, and Maria Holloway, ISBN: 978-1-62417417-9)
Nova Science Publisher Inc, New York, 2013.4.15, Chapter 3, P91-120.
1. Changwei Hu, Liangfang Zhu, Yunsheng Xia
Chin. Pat. No.: ZL 2004100216360, 2006-11-8.
2. Changwei Hu, Liangfang Zhu, Yunsheng Xia, and Guiying Li
Method for the One-step Oxy-amination of Benzene to Aniline
Chin. Pat. No.: ZL 2005100205055, 2009-2-4.
3. Liangfang Zhu, Yu Liu, Changwei Hu, Jinqiang Tang, and Huan Chang
Method for One-step Synthesis of 2,5-diformylfuran from Carbohydrates
Chin. Pat. No.: ZL 201310027325.4, 2015-6-3.
4. Liangfang Zhu, Yu Liu, Changwei Hu, and Jinqiang Tang
Method for Separation of 2,5-diformylfuran from DMSO mixture
Chin. Pat. No.: ZL 201410088001.6, 2015-7-8.
5. Liangfang Zhu, Xing Fu, Jinhang Dai, and Changwei Hu
A Method for CO2-promoted Synthesis of 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural from Carbohydrates
Chin. Pat. No.: ZL 201510099261.8, 2016-11-2.
6. Liangfang Zhu, Jinhang Dai, Xing Fu, and Changwei Hu
Preparation Method of Modified Polyaniline Catalyst for Synthesizing 5-hydroxymethylfurfural
Chin. Pat. No.: ZL 201610033921.7, 2017-11-10.
7. Liangfang Zhu, Jinhang Dai, and Changwei Hu
Method for Synthesizing 5-Hydroxylmethylfurfural with Sulfonated Polyaniline Catalyst
Chin. Pat., Appl. No.: 201610599561.7, 2016-7-28.